05 September 2013
- Article Details
- Category ACTIVITY
The collaborators of the Department of Landscape Science and Landscape Planning – leading scientific workers Mirnuh Javad oghlu Ismayilov (a leader of the expedition), Yunisov Museyib Hidrisoghlu, Mammadbeyov Elkhan Sharif oghlu, Zeynalova Saida Maarifgyzy and Rustamov Galibisag oghlu from august 4 up to 18, 2013 in accordance with scientific – research plan of the institute carried out a scientific-research work in the eastern part of Jeyranchol low mountain.
As a result of research a landscape map on 1:100 000 scale was compiled and geosystems were grouped according to the natural resource potential. Besides, the structural-functional peculiarities, biodiversity, level of stability, productivity of phytomass, natural resource potential of arid forest ecosystems of the “Eldar Shamy” State Natural Reservation were studied and main tendencies of anthropogenic transformations of landscapes were determined on the basis of comparison of adjoining ecosystems. Instrumental observations were carried out and samples of plants and soils were taken during the expedition.
Khachmaz district coastal zone
The staff of the section “Problems of the Caspian Sea” has been in Khachmaz, in the coastal zone between 18 June-27 June 2013.
The purpose of the expedition: to define the geographical coordinates of the coastal zone with GPS measurements and to evaluate the ecological condition along the coast line.
The ecological status of coastal zone was visually assessed and found out the factors that seriously affect the environment.
We observed an unplanned development of coastal zone that shows the deplorable ecological situation.
Subject: degradation and restoration of biological diversity of plain forests ecosystems (2012-2016)
Exercise: restore biological diversity of anthropogenic degraded forest ecosystems of the Qanikh-Ayrichay valley (2013-2014).
From 12 to 26 of June 2013, a few employees of the institute conducted works by designated itineraries in the areas of valley Qanikh-Ayrichay.
They described specific areas suffered from varying degrees of anthropogenic transformation and indicated age, height and diameter of trees. The samples have been taken and plants have been collected for herbariums.
The plain forests ecosystems have been more subjected to degradation in Sheki region.
The employees of echogeographic department visited Quba region in June 15-30 with scientific mission “Ecogeographical problems of Greater Caucasus north-eastern slope middle part.
Natural and anthropogenic disturbances have been observed in the study area. Pre-selected in the meridional direction and altitude (Altiaghaj, Quba and Qusar), phytomass reserves have been calculated once more. Experts have curried out an estimation of soil mass for some landslide areas, affected by the deformation.
The Russian city Irkutsk
The chief of the department of Geographic Institute Tchingiz Gulaliyev has been in the scientific expedition of Foundation for the Advancement of Science, within the framework of the 1st “Mobility grant” contest in 2013.
He was sent for short-term studies to the Institute of Geography in Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of sciences within the budget project “Study of mechanisms of change of physical and geographical process during the use of natural environment in time and space”.
The scientist met with experts on relevant questions to be effective in the short-term training and exchange of experiences. He continued his training in Buryatiya, at Tunkinsk depression stationary. Tch.Gulaliyev visited many scientific institutions, Irkutsk State University “Evolution of soil and land resources”department, Agricultural Academy, Agroecology lab of Liminalogiya and Plant Protection Institute.
For the further continuation of scientific cooperation an agreement was signed on behalf of the Irkutsk Institute of Geography of Siberian branch of Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Geography of ANAS.
In connection to the theme which was included in the work program “Morphogenetic disturbance on the lands of Ajinohur (Turyanchay-Qanikhchay) and its assessment” the employees of the department “Geography of Azerbaijan’s land resources” of the Institute have been sent to the regions of Qakh and Sheki for a period of 12 days, from June 01 until July 20.
The following works have been done: land survey work of about 45-50 thousand hectares within three routes (soils in the valley between Turyanchay-Kurmukchay; Qakh-Yazi-Saridja-Ajinohur; Sheki-Dashuz). In this moment, on a basis of comparative geographic method, 50 land slices were made; morphologic descriptions have been performed on not repeated specific slices by genetic sections, the soil samples were taken. Given the relief and slopes, green biomass was studied.
Paleogeography department’s employees have carried research from 15 until 30 June in Ganja city and its vicinity (Geygul, Shamkir, Gedebey).
The expedition has been lead in a number of areas in order to conduct paleogeographic researches, samples were taken from sections for palynological analysis.
Especially, horizontal cuts of soil contain a lot of information, so more samples were taken from them.
A peat horizon of thickness 2,5-3,0 m has been found near the village of Slavyanka.
During the field surveys it was identified that, the hot and humid climatic conditions had dominated in Eopleistocene, and laurel, cherry laurel, mimosa, eucalyptus evergreen plants had been widespread in lowland of Kura.
- Article Details
- Category ACTIVITY
Conference begins its work
The International Conference on Estimation and Rational Wtilazition of natural resource potential of geosistems in the Conditions of global changes orqanized by the section of Earthe sciences of the ANAS,the institute of geography named after Acad H.Aliyevand the Geographycal society of Azerbaijan begav its work on May3,2003
In the wok of the Conference took part the folloving reprevesentatires:V.F.Loginov (Belorussia),Z.G.Rudenko(Ukraine) A.A.Kordzadze I.V.Bondiren(Georgia),N.N.Klenyev (Russia),G.Despotovich H.(Serbia), A.R.Meden (Kazaxstan),H Khoshzavan (Iran),etc.
Academic-secretary of the section of Earth science the ANAS,Cor-member of the ANAS Fakhraddin Gadirov greeting the participante opened the Conference.
Then acting director of the institute of geography,cor memb of the ANAS Ramiz Mammadov thanked the guests for this participation in the work of the conference and made acquaintance with the proqram of the conference.
The folloving reports were listened in the Conference scasonal and many-years peculiarities of global and regional climatic changes and their possible reasons (V.F.Loginov)
On the proqnosis of situation of environment and preparation of monitoring system (A.A.Kordzadze) Influence on the Caspian sea ecosystem of globalchanges (R.Mammadov)Use fron the nature mainpoint, reasons and reaction of society L.Q.Rudenko Landscape geomorphological problems the estimationof geodynamic tension of the mountain geosystems (E.K.Alizade) Hidromorphological analysis for inteeqration management plan of river basin in the directives of the Evropian Union Mater Framework (g/Despotowich) Present kinematics of the Arabian Evrasian collision zone (F.A.Qadirov) Glaciers of the south Caucasus (I.V.Bondirev) Water problems of Kazaxstan and their solving ways (A.R.Medeu)Time and space change of coastal sands of the Caspiansea (H.Khoshravan)and so on.
The reports were listened in 3 plenar meetings with different intervals as planned and 1 dey of the Conference finishad at 16 30oclock
Reglament of konference
3 June 2013, Monday
9.00-10.00. - Registration participants of conference Time of the report of 20 minutes
1-st plenary meeting
Chairman vise-president NASA, academician I.S. Guliyev
- Opening address - President NASA academician A.K. Alizade.
- Opening address - Executive director Institute of Geography named after acad. H.A. Aliyev, corresponding member of NASA R.M. Mammadov
- Loginov V.F. Seasonal and long-term features of global and regional changes of climate and their possible reasons.
- Kordzadze A.A., Demetrashvili D.I. On creation of the monitoring and forecasting system of the state of the natural environment for the Caucasus region
- Mammadov R.M. Impact global changes to ecosystem of the Caspian Sea.
11.30 – 12.00 – Coffee - break
2-end plenary meeting
Chairman academician V.Ph. Loginov
- Rudenko L.G. (Ukraine) Nature management: the substance, consequences and public reaction.
- Alizade E.K. Landscape-ecogeomorphological problems of estimation of geodynamic intensity of mountain geosystems.
- Klyuev N.N. Environmental threats to Russia's security.
- Despotovic J. An Introduction of a Hydromorphological Analysis of Rivers as a significant water management issue within IRBM Plans of the EU WFD.
- Kadirov F.A. Present-day kinematics of the Arabia-Eurasia collision zone
13-30 – 14-30 – Lunch
3-rd plenary meeting
Chairman academician L.G. Rudenko
Bondyrev I.V. (Georgia). The Glaciers of the South Caucasus.
- Medeu A.R., Malkovsky I.M. (Kazakhstan). Water problems of Kazakhstan and way its decision.
- İmanov F.A, Hannan T., Leummens H. (UNDO GEF). Hydrology desk study for the Kura-Aras basin.
- Khoshravan H., Banihashemi S., Shapouri M. Temporal and Spatial Variation of Sand Dunes, the Caspian Sea.
- Feyzullayev A.A. About recent strategy of oil and gas searches in the Caspian Sea.
Dinner - 20.00.
4 June 2013, Tuesday
Trip of participants of conference on the South-Eastern slope of the Major Caucasus (Baku-Shemakha-Pirgulu)
- Continuation of work of conference on branches.
5 June 2013, Wednesday (Conference hall of Institute of Geography, 8 floor)
The chairman - a corresponding member R.M. Mammadov
Ismayilov M.J., Mammadov R.M. Estimation of natural-resource potential of landscapes of Azerbaijan and their rational use.
- Rahimov Kh. Sh., Hasanov M.S. Estimation of influence of expected changes of climate on environment and the population of Azerbaijan and measures of adaptation to them.
- Discussion of offers of sessions.
- Acceptance of the resolution of conference.
- Conference closing.
Speedy increasing the demands of population and economy to natural resources in global scale increases the anthropogenic influences on the natural of our planet. It is to be said that in some regions the mineral resources have exhausted completely and the world confronts with difficulties in supplying of production with natural resources.
The aim of the Conference is to consider the scientific- theoretical, methodical and practical questions of natural anthropogenic changes taken please in global environment, at the same time the different scenarios prepared by experts the speedy exhausting of natural resources, climatic changes, desertification processes development of natural disasters (mudstreams, landslides, earthquakes, floods, sharply decrease of the areas of mountain glaciers, level fluctuations of inner reservoirs, etc.) will be discussed and estimated.
- For gaining the sustained development, ecological safety in global and regional level the main directions of application of the most modern methods of natural resource potential, including the geographical information technologies and aerospace methods will be discussed.
- in order to decrease or give prognosis the risk and dangers created by the natural disasters for human beings life activity and economy the complex methods worked out for determination their development tendencies will be analyzed.
- The present state of supplying of exhausted, not to be renewed mineral resources in global and regional scale and determination the ways of perspective use will be one of the main discussion questions of the conference.
- The experimental directions of solving ways of the food safety will be studied in accordance with the demands of “green economics”.
- Taking into account of strategic importance of the Caspian Sea basin the complex study of hydronamics, geodynamics of the sea and meteorological processes together with the region countries, at the same time the ways of balanced management of the Caspian coastal natural-anthropogenic geosystems, implementation of scientific – experimental works in protection direction of biodiversity in ecosystem of the Caspian Sea are the focus problems.
- Protecting the landscape ecological diversity of the regions the deeply study of recreation potential of geosystems and effective utilization out of them in tourist industry and perspective directions of ecotourism will be analyzed on a large scale.
The final day of the Conference
The foreign guests acquainted with the landscape, geomorphogical conditions of the south-lantern slope of Major Caucasus, the observed visually the geodynamic processes (landslides, rock falls, taluses) widely-speeded in this region.
The guests took part in the excretion organized for them to the Pirqulu Observatory in Pirqulu.
The Conference continued its work on the following sections; “Natural resource potential of the geosystems and utilization from it”, “Global climatic changes, climate and water resources”, “Sustained social-economic development and food safety”, “Estimation of tourism-recreation potential of the geosystems”.
The fallowing reports were listened at the muting of the Conference; “Estimation of the natural resource potential of Azerbaijan landscapes and its effective utilization” (M.S.Ismayilov), “Estimation of influence of the expecting climatic changes on the environment and population of Azerbaijan” (Kh. Rahimov) and from foreign guests made reports Academicians V.T.Zoginov, Z.G.Rudenko and Prof. A.R.Medeun.Then the resolution of the Conference was read. The resolution was adopted with some more additions and changes.
The acting director of the Institute of Geography, Cor.Memb.of the ANAS R.M.Mamadov made a final speech and thanked the participants of the Conference and meshed them successes in their works. So, the Conference completed its work.
of the International Scientific-practical Conference on “Estimation and Rational Utilization of Natural Resource Potential of Geosystems in the conditions of Global Changes”
In Baku (the Azerbaijan Republic) on June from 3 up to 5, 2013 was held an International Scientific Conference devoted to 90th anniversary of prominent political leader of Azerbaijan H.A. Aliyev. The Conference was organized by the Section of Earth Sciences of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences together with the Geographical Society of Azerbaijan and the Institute of Geography of ANAS. The specialists from Azerbaijan, Belorussia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Serbia, Ukraine took part in its work.
The aim of the Conference was to discuss scientific-theoretical, methodical and practical problems of ecodynamic changes of geosystems in the conditions of global and regional changes of environment and climate, adaptation of different branches of economy to their changes.
The Conference included one plenary and five sectional meetings: natural-resource potential of geosystems and their utilization; global climatic changes, climate and water resources; ecological potential of the Caspian Sea and adjoining regions; stable social-economic development and food security; estimation of tourist-recreational potential of geosystems.
By the beginning of the Conference was issued materials of the Conference which was introduced main principles of more than 90 scientific reports, attracting the results of researches of natural-resource potential of geosystems of different origin in the conditions of global and regional changes of environment and climate.
Actuality the carrying out of Conference is conditioned by contemporary global ecodynamic changes of geosystems in space and time, demanding the elaboration of scientific-theoretic and methodical bases of ecosystem researches, basing on distance methods of researches, and GIS technologies as well.
The contemporary period is characterized by contradictions between the natural geocomplexes and postindustrial society. Under the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors there take place the degradation of natural resource potential of geosystems. There processes are attracted on the social-economic, political and ecological environments being parts of human development.
The participants of the Conference-specialists of different branches of Earth Sciences and ecology, disputing of complex problems the estimation of resource potential of geosystems adopted the following resolutions:
- to consolidate the attempts of scientists and specialists on carrying out of complex researches of natural-resource potential for ensuring stable development of regions;
- to activate the field and laboratory researches with application of remote methods of researches and GIS technologies for defining the degree of influence of global and regional changes on environment and climate with the aim to ensure the food and ecological security;
- to work out the complex synthesized methods of investigations with applying of GIS technologies for dangerous processes and phenomena (desertification, mud-streams, landslides, earthquakes, floods, etc.) with the aim of improvement of their forecasting, decreasing of dangers and risks for economy of countries, health of population;
- to rise the role and significance of academic and higher education institutions investigations in working out and realization of national and regional plans of social-economic development;
- to work out the scientifically based programs and plans of measurements on balanced development of territories;
- to estimate the changes of agroclimatic potential of territories in the conditions of changing climate for providing the food security of countries of the Black-Caspian region;
- to estimate the recreational potential of mountainous regions and determine more optimal ways of their utilization for development of tourist industry.
Taking into account of strategical importance of Black-Caspian region the Conference calls the coastal countries to extend hydrodynamical, meteorological and climatic researches in the spoken region, work out regional bases of balanced management of coastal territories and suggest concrete measures on ensuring the preservation of biological and landscape diversities of the Black-Caspian region.
The Conference expresses its deep gratitude to the Institute of Geography named after Acad. H.A. Aliyev of the ANAS and its management for carrying out the International Conference in high scientific level, field excursions and providing optimal conditions of the work.